Not My Mom's Carrot/Raisin/Apple Salad
A light and colorful side dish.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1 cup apple, grated (I prefer a tart apple like Granny Smith)
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Heat apple juice to boiling, and let raisins plump in juice for 30 minutes.
- Grate carrots and apple, and blot the apple between pieces of paper towel to get rid of excess moisture.
- Drain raisins, reserving juice, and add the raisins to a bowl with the carrot and apple.
- Whisk honey, vinegar, spices and two teaspoons of the reserved apple juice.
- Pour over carrot/raisin/apple mixture and toss well.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation