photo by Food.com
- Ready In:
- 2 -3 yukon gold potatoes
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Boil potatoes. Drain water. In a bowl, add the potatoes and garlic cloves and mash. Keep potatoes a little chunky to add texture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the vegetable oil on medium heat in a frying pan. Cook the shallots until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the shallots to the smashed potatoes. Add the smashed potatoes to a pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper and fry.
- Using a spatula flip the potatoes constantly to allow them to crisp up and turn golden brown, about 5 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Affable Canadian chef Chuck Hughes is a restaurateur and television personality known for his inventive take on comfort food, which he shares on his show, Chuck's Day Off.