Norweigian Spinach Soup
A simple, non-milk based soup. Garnish w/ sliced hard-boiled eggs.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1⁄8 - 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- Melt the butter in the saucepan; sautee the onions until soft.
- Stir in the flour.
- Add the chicken broth a little at a time, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a soft boil and add the spinach. Season with nutmeg, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for a further 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour into bowls and garnish with egg slices.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 2 more