My dad always makes this for the Holidays and we all love it! I have never made it myself for fear of doing something wrong- it may take a few tries to get it perfect (I wonder how long it took my dad...) Use whole milk for this one- It makes the rice nice and thick! Mmmm...I can't wait until the Holidays are here again!
- Ready In:
- 2 quarts whole milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked rice
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup cream (Half & Half)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat the milk to boiling point.
- Cook the rice in boiling water until almost done, then drain it.
- Add the rice to the hot milk- bring the milk to almost a boil. When the rice is fully cooked, add step #4.
- Beat 1 egg and 3/4 cup sugar, 1 tsp salt, 3 tbsp flour, and 1/2 cup Half and Half cream- mix well.
- Cook at a slow boil until the rice is well suspended, and stays at the surface when the milk is boiling.
- Cool, and serve. I like it best when refrigerated, but some like it warm. Sprinkling cinnamon on top is always good.