Norwegian Lemon Butter Sauce
Posted for ZWT6. Adapted from norway-hei.com This sauce has lots of possibilities, easy way to add zing to salmon or veggies (artichokes and broccoli suggested)!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground white pepper
- Combine garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in blender until smooth.
- Add melted butter and blend. Pour mixture into sauce pan, add capers and parsley.
- Heat and serve. For convenience, this can be made ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Yummy yummy!!! Because DH and I are strange, we cooked with the capers in the sauce and then we removed them before eating! We like the flavor they leave behind but not the actual capers! Weird, I know! But we did enjoy this immensely over some oven roasted potatoes! Mmmm! Will definitely make this again! Made for The Queens of Quisine ZWT6 Family Picks!
We loved this sauce!!! I was pan frying some fresh fish and having steamed fingerling potatoes. I made the sauce first and then decided to use it to fry the fish. Rather than have butter on the table I drenched the potatoes in it too. It also made it on to the fish :) This will be a keeper in our house! Made on behalf of the Looney Spoon Phoodies for ZWT6.