photo by Annalee
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- Mix the warm milk (about 100F), melted butter, sugar and yeast together in a large bowl. Let it stand for 10 mins unntil the yeast is foamy. Add the salt and cardemon. Add the flour 1 cup at a time, stirring to mix after each addition. Stir in the raisins if you are using them. The dough will be pretty sticky at this point.
- Cover and let the dough rise in a warm place for about an hour, or until doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough and turn it out onto a floured surface. Sprinkle top with flour and knead briefly (for just a couple of minutes) Make sure you flour hands a lot to be able to do the next step. Break off pieces of dough about the size of a large golf ball and roll in your hands to make them round and smooth.
- Place the balls of dough onto a greased cookie sheet and cover. Let them rise for about 30-40 minutes.
- Brush the tops with beaten egg white and bake in a preheated 350 F oven for 20 minutes, or until they are golden brown. Cool about 15 minutes before eating and then enjoy with butter, or chese and meat, or just plain!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Love these boller.. There's Shell petrol station on the way from Oslo\Gardemoen to Trysil, in the store they trade local food - sausage, honey and etc, and these boller, staffed with caramel, chocholate , rasins .. We always drive in. Perfect with Coffee or local strawberry flawoured mineral water. Sincere thanks for the receipt