North Croatian Simple Tomato Sauce
photo by nitko
- Ready In:
- 500 g tomatoes (strained juice or package 500 g)
- 1 tablespoon oil (or lard)
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 2 g celery leaves (or one sprig green celery)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 g salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Heat oil and add flour. Fry until slight brown (or 1-2 minutes). Add gently some water and make creamy liquid.
- Add all tomato juice, salt, sugar and celery sprig. Add the rest of the water.
- It is cooked after 20 minutes, but you can cook more if you want (do not burn it). Remove celery sprig before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!