North Carolina Barbecue Sandwich Sauce
photo by Marsha D.
- Ready In:
2 2/3 cups
- Melt the butter in a large, heavy saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and saute 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat and simmer, reducing saucec to 2& 2/3 cups.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with sliced or chopped pork roast or roast beef.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Great sauce, Di! I made this to go with Mean's Pulled Pork for a Super Bowl party. The only change I made was to cut the cider vinegar to one cup (instead of 1 1/3). The result was a great tasting, tangy sauce which went very well with the pork on buns! I'll definitely use this recipe again to make my barbeque sauce! Thanks!