North African Chicken Noodle Soup
- Ready In:
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 cup medium egg noodles, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced carrot
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and diced small
- 1⁄3 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄8 - 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 egg
- salt, to taste
- In a saucepan, bring broth and wine to a boil. Add the finely diced carrots and egg noodles and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in chicken, chopped parsley, cumin and pepper.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg with the lemon juice and beat in about 1/4 cup of the hot broth.
- Add this egg mixture SLOWLY to the broth mixture in the saucepan, stirring constantly (so egg does not "scramble"); DO NOT BOIL.
- Salt to taste and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Made this with an extra chicken breast I made with Recipe #289194 last night. The soup was very easy to make and I used Recipe #216441 (doubled). The lemon juice, cumin, and egg made it different from my usual soup. I loved the extra flavor and I will make this again. Thanks for posting Parsley. Made for Zwizzle Chicks for ZWT6.