This recipe is based on Pomme de Terre au Lard from "The Norman Table: The Traditional Cooking of Normandy" by Claude Guermont with Paul Frumkin. ISBN 0-684-18319-6. Copyright 1985 Claude Guermont and Paul Frumkin.
- Ready In:
- 1 russet potato, per person (plus 1 for the Pot)
- 2 tablespoons flavored salt (Garlic preferred)
- 2 teaspoons bacon drippings
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Peel potatoes.
- Cut into approximately 1/2 inch dice.
- Rinse to get most of the starch out.
- Place in cold water.
- Par boil (just until water comes to a boil).
- Drain potatoes in a colander.
- Meanwhile, place bacon in frying pan.
- Fry bacon, until crisp. Remove bacon from pan.
- Drain Bacon.
- Place onion with bacon drippings and garlic clove in fry pan over low heat.
- Sweat onion and garlic for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add drained potato(es) to fry pan.
- Fry for approximately 20 minutes or until potato cubes become brown and crusty. Seasoning half way through with salt and crumbled bacon.
- Serve with flavored salt (the type you used to cook with).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation