MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Adapted from Deleites de la Cocina Mexicana by Maria Luisa Urdaneta.
- Ready In:
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 3⁄4 cup nopales, chopped
- 2 tablespoons anaheim chilies, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- Steam nopales and anaheim chiles about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Beat 6 egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- In another bowl, beat 3 egg yolks until lemon-colored.
- Add the milk and salt to the beaten yolks and gently fold the yolks into the beaten egg whites.
- In a bowl, combine the nopal, green chiles, tomatoes, and seasonings.
- Cook filling in 1 Tablespoon of oil for 2-3 minutes over medium high heat.
- In a skillet cook the eggs in 1 Tablespoon of oil until the top is dry.
- Spread the filling over half the omelet and fold the other half over the filling.
- Press to seal and cook until heated through but not dry.
- Divide into 5 portions and serve with salsa.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION