photo by Jonathan Melendez
- Ready In:
- In salted boiling water, cook nopals for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse in cool water.
- In a large saute pan, heat oil and cook onion until translucent. Add nopal and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Mix in tomatoes, 1/2 the cilantro and cook until tomatoes start to let off juices.
- Take off heat and drain excess liquid. Then put in large mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining cilantro, lime juice and salt.
- Serve with tortillas and cheese (whatever kind you like best).
- Optional: take 2 cups of the nopal mixture and mix with 2 beaten eggs. Serve in tortillas with cheese and hot sauce.
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!