photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces medium egg noodles
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup large-curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pimiento
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook noodles following directions on package.
- Rinse in cold water; drain In a large skillet, saute onions and mushroom pieces in butter.
- Combine with beaten eggs, cottage cheese, sour cream, pimiento, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, hot sauce, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and egg noodles.
- Turn into a greased 1 1/2 quart casserole; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Place casserole in a pan containing 1 inch of hot water.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and a delicate, golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Oh, the horror! How did Zaar officials allow this recipe to be published! I am going to have my dentist wire my jaws shut.....otherwise I will never stop eating this! SO GOOD! I carmelized the onions and used more mushrooms, but followed everything else. I did use the waterbath but I don't think it is needed....not that many eggs to make it a custard. I'm really going to have to limit serving this dish cause I can eat the whole thing by myself!
Loved this dish! I ate as a main course. Made a couple minor changes; I added the onion & mushrooms in without cooking them first (skipped butter). Also didn't cook in a water bath. Used light sour cream and cottage cheese with no problems. Flavor reminded me of a baked noodle dish that is one of my favorites (#10691) so loved this variation too! Thanks for the recipe shelbyrose!
These noodles are delicious. They really can stand alone as a main dish; perhaps use double the mushrooms for a main dish. Made them for lunch today; the kids enjoyed them, too. I followed the recipe exact, except I had no pimientos. I'll make these again...and make sure I have pimientos. Thanx for posting this!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi, there! Thanks a bunch for stopping by. Before I tell you a little about myself, I'd like to start out with a GREAT BIG Thank You to all those who have taken the time to prepare, review and/or photograph my recipes. I wish I could thank each and every one of you personally, but without PM I'm unable to do so. Please know that your reviews and comments are very much appreciated! DH and I are semi-retired and loving it! The kids are grown and on their own, so we've got enough spare time to do the things we really love doing. We enjoy spending time with our four grandkids (pictured above), and also like camping, fishing and boating. As a hobby, we're into woodcrafting and participate in local craft shows and community fairs. We're also both active and involved in our church.