Nonna Marfisa's Ravioli
- Ready In:
- Heat 1 Tbs. oil in large skillet, add meat and brown well.
- Drain fat from meat and add salt, pepper, garlic powder and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Drain thawed spinach, squeezing to eliminate excess water.
- Saute spinach with 3 Tbs. oil sprinkled with garlic powder.
- Add spinach to meat and stir well. Continue sauteing for 5-10 minutes.
- Cool, then add egg and Paresan cheese mixing well.
- Place 2 teaspoons filling into center of won ton wrapper. If using less filling - fold wrapper over and seal edges using a bit of water. If using more filling- place a second wrapper over filling and seal using a bit of water.
- Note: Nonna made the filling and then placed several slices of bread into a bowl. Then put the filling on top of the bread. She let that sit in the refrigerator to absorb any excess fat drippings. Then she would place filling into pasta.
- Place pasta in boiling water until float to top. Ravioli may be frozen.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!