No Sugar Freezer Jam
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, washed & diced or 2 cups fruit, of your choice washed & diced
- 1 cup sugar substitute (I use splenda)
- 1 (1 7/8 g) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Combine lemon juice, water, gelatin and cornstarch in a saucepan.
- Heat slowly, stirring constantly, until gelatin and cornstarch dissolves. Add fruit to gelatin mixture.
- Heat to boiling point over low heat, stirring constantly. Boil berries 3 minutes.
- (Other fruit may take longer.) Remove from heat and add sugar substitute.
- Pour into heat proof jars and cover. Let set at room temperature until cooled.
- Store in refrigerator or freeze.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Made this with strawberries & now can hardly wait for the local berries to be in season! Wasn't quite as thick as I thought it would be, but another time I might just boost the amount of gelatin! Still, this first batch makes for a great topping, whether on yogurt or cottage cheese or pound cake, or . . . . Definitely a winner! [Made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC Tag]
Excellant freezer jam, I used strawberries and will try some with blueberries. Lovely flavour and set beautifully! I just quartered the strawberries and left some small ones whole, we like our jam chunky and I only used about 3/4 cup of splenda. DH says as good as "Smuckers" !! Thanks for posting. august 12/09 wow this is great jam, have now made strawberry, blueberry and peach, they all turned out wonderful !!