No-Sugar Blueberry Jam
- Ready In:
- 10 cups fresh blueberries, washed,stems removed
- 1 1⁄3 cups white grape juice
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated nutmeg (optional)
- 1 (6 ounce) package liquid pectin
- 6 tablespoons glycerine
- 2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin (such as Knox brand)
- Place grape juice in a deep saucepan and simmer until it is reduced to 2/3 cup.
- Add blueberries, lemon zest, and salt to the saucepan, and bring to a boil, cook for 1 minute, then remove from heat.
- Stir in nutmeg, pectin, and glycerine.
- Return to the stove and bring to a boil again, cook for 1 minute; sprinkle gelatin over the top of the hot liquid and stir well until it has mixed in and dissolved.
- Pour into hot sterilized pint jars, leaving 1/2-inch headspace at the top.
- Top with sterile lids and bands; process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
- Refrigerate any jars that do not properly seal.
- To freeze jam, pour jam mixture into plastic freezer containers, leaving 1/2-inch space at the top.
- Cover with clean lids and cool to room temperature before placing in the freezer (place in the coldest section of freezer initially, if you can).
- To use, thaw overnight in container, and refrigerate unused portions.
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a longtime member since 2002. While I have many recipes here, most of my current recipes are on my food blog at palatablepastime.com I may occasionally post something extra I have here. If you have questions, you can always contact me at email@example.com