No Sugar Added - Fat Free - No Crust Lemon Meringue Tart
photo by Eric in LB
- Ready In:
- 1 cup Splenda granular (artificial sweetener)
- 1⁄3 cup cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup egg substitute (such as Egg-Beaters)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular (artificial sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix Splenda and cornstarch in saucepan. Stir in water until blended. Bring to a gentle boil over medium heat. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly until mixture is thick and transparent.
- Pour egg substitute in small bowl. Stir in about 1/4 cup of the hot Splenda/cornstarch mixture. Stirring constantly, slowly add egg mixture to the Splenda/cornstarch mixture in the saucepan and then add the lemon juice. Stir over medium head 3 to 4 minutes until very thick. Add lemon zest and stir until blended. Pour into custard cups and top with meringue.
- Beat egg whites until frothy. Slowly add cream of tartar, Splenda and vanilla to beaten egg whites. Beat on high until slightly stiff peaks form. Top lemon filling in custard cups with meringue making sure to seal meringue to edges of the cups. Place custard cups on a baking sheet and place into a 350 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes until golden brown. When cool, store in refrigerator.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!