No Roll Pie Crust
Simple and tasy pie crust from the Penzey spice catalog.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Put all ingredients into a 9 inch pie pan.
- mix with fork until well blended and pat into the pan.
- Push the pastry up the sides and form a nice edge with your thumb and finger.
- Generously prick the crust with a fork to prevent bubbling during baking.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes at 375, until nicely browned.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I started using this recipe so many years ago. Our youth group does an apple pie fundraiser for Mission Trips and I needed an easy pie crust that high school kids and their parents could make. THIS IS PERFECT! We get rave reviews from those making the pies as well as those eating them. Some people are taking our pies to their Thanksgiving dinners! Thank you for this easy, delicious, and trusted recipe! No tweaks necessary in ingredients as this crust is the best. We fill the unbaked crust with a dutch apple pie recipe and freeze it, sending baking instructions home with it. As stated earlier, we have been doing this for years. I use this recipe exclusively!Reply
see 4 more