No Rest Yoghurt Bread
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 500 ml pot-set yoghurt (low or no fat is ok)
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup or 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup plain flour (white or wholemeal)
- 1 cup natural bran (Wheat or rice)
- 1⁄4 cup linseeds
- 1⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- Heat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- In one bowl mix yoghurt and syrup/honey.
- In second bowl mix all dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to yoghurt mixture and mix well.
- Spoon into a greased bread tin or silicon loaf pan.
- Sprinkle with sunflower kernels and press them lightly to ensure they stick to the loaf. I sometimes sprinkle a bit of salt on the top and a tiny bit of the syrup as well, but this is last part is optional.
- Bake for 45 - 50 mins or until top is brown.
- Allow to cool in the tin or eat warm - yum!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!