No Oil Fresh Tomato and Parmesan Dressing
This is a quick to fix, thick, no oil salad dressing for calorie counters or anyone who likes a freshly made dressing for their salads. It's best if made with really fresh, home-grown or farmer's market tomatoes for maximum flavor at only 10 calories per tablespoon.
- Ready In:
- 1 large fresh tomato, cut up
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon sugar or 1/2-1 teaspoon sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry basil (or use fresh)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Just before serving, in a blender at medium speed, blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Serve on mixed salad greens. Refrigerate leftovers.