No More Plain Jane Green Beans
A fast fix that makes those veggies shine! Now that they make those bags of veggies that steam right in the bag this is so fast and easy yet looks and tastes special.
- Ready In:
- 14 ounces frozen green beans or 1 lb fresh green beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, bottled is fine
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- Clean green beans if using fresh. Steam green beans in the microwave or preferred method.
- Mix lemon juice, garlic powder, pepper and olive oil together in the bowl you will be serving the veggies. (If you are using fresh lemon I like to add some of the zest to this as well).
- Add cooked green beans and fold to distribute the 'sauce' at the bottom.
- Sprinkle with parmesan if desired- kids like that part.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I decided to make fresh green beans for Thanksgiving this year, so I tried this recipe out a few days ahead of time. I've never cooked fresh green beans, but it's super easy. Just pick them out at the store (look for those without marks or shriveling), rinse them well, and snip the ends of each bean. I followed the recipe but also added just a bit of salt. It only took about 15 minutes to steam. WOW! I must say that the garlic powder really adds a kick along with the other ingredients. Will definitely make again, not just for Thanksgiving, but for dinner in the future. Thanks for sharing!1Reply
I really don't care for frozen green beans but this recipe improves their flavour a lot. I used french cut green beans and prepared them as directed. I loved the lemony garlic flavour. When I next make them I'll set a portion aside for DD and leave out the lemon for her but for me the lemon is a must. Thankyou for posting this frozen veggie rescue recipe.Reply
see 2 more