No Knead Italian Rustic Bread - Recipe Has been Corrected!
THIS RECIPE HAS BEEN CORRECTED! Please ignore the low ratings and give it a try. My apologies to those whose tried this recipe and failed. This method produces a ciabatta like texture with a wonderful crust. Nutri Flour Blend is a blend of white flour and wheat bran. Experiment with different blends - the result should be a light, holey, rustic style loaf. You will need at least 18 hours before this bread can be baked.
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 45mins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, I prefer to use Robin Hood Nutri Flour Blend
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried yeast granules
- 1 5⁄8 cups water, an eighth of a cup is equal to 2 tablespoons
- I like to prepare this with my Kitchenaid dough hook.
- Place flour, salt, sugar and yeast in the mixer bowl. Add the water.
- Using the dough hook and the "stir" setting on the mixer allow the dry and wet ingredients to come together (this should take a minute) until all the flour is incorporated. You can do this with a wooden spoon or spatula just as effectively.
- Cover the bowl with a towel and rest in a warm place for 12 to 18 hours. It will double in size, bubble and long gluten strands will form.
- Lightly flour your hands and the work surface then remove the dough from the bowl. Quickly form it into a ball.
- Thoroughly flour a cotton towel and rest the dough on it. Cover it with another floured cotton towel.
- You may also rest the dough on a non-stick ‘Silpat’ mat and cover it with just one towel. Rest the dough a second time. In 2 to 3 hours it will rise again and double in size once more.
- A half an hour or so before the dough is ready preheat your oven to 450 degrees. You may use cast-iron, steel, enamel or ceramic.
- When the dough has fully risen slide your hand under the towel and quickly invert the delicate dough into the hot pot. Shake the pot a bit to settle it then place the lid on the pot and start baking.
- Bake for 30 minutes with the lid then remove it and bake for 15 minutes more.