No-Hurry Vegetable Curry
This is a crock-pot recipe that also cuts down on fat.
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 15mins
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 small yukon gold potatoes, halved (8 oz.)
- 4 cups butternut squash, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 cups cooked basmati rice
- chopped cilantro (granish)
- Whish coconut milk, flour, and curry paste in a 3 1/2 quart or large slow-cooker. Stir in vegetables except peas; mix well.
- Cover and cook on low 6-7 hours until vegetables are tender. Stir in peas, cover and let sit 5 minutes. Serve with rice; garnish with cilantro.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
What I liked the most about this recipe was how easy it was to make. Especially since I was lazy and bought diced butternut and cauliflower florets from the store already cut. It is also pretty healthy, yields a lot, and has a good proportion of sauce. However, we found the finished version pretty bland for our tastes. Before serving, I added more curry paste. This did not help. We ended up adding a significant amount of salt and pepper, Madras curry powder, garam masala, and ground coriander before it met with our approval. Then, it was pretty good.Reply