photo by Anonymous
- Ready In:
- 1 (12 ounce) can libby's roast beef in gravy or 1 lb leftover roast beef
- 8 -12 corn tortillas or 8 -12 flour tortillas
- oil (for frying)
- Drain gravy from roast beef.
- Set aside.
- Fork shred the roast beef.
- Add just enough gravy to moisten. (Too soupy and it will splatter when frying).
- Heat tortillas (4 at a time) in microwave to soften. About 1 minute.
- Place approx 1 1/2 tablespoons of roast beef in center of tortilla (in a line).
- Fold tortilla over and roll to resemble a cigar.
- Fasten together with a toothpick(I found this makes it less likely to come undone when frying).
- Heat about 1/2 inch oil in a frying pan.
- To fry, place tortilla seam side down in hot oil.
- Fry till golden brown.
- Turn over and fry other side.
- Remove to a plate that has been cover with a paper towel to absorb oil.
- Remove toothpicks and sprinkle with salt.
- Serve with your favorite guacamole.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
THANK YOU so much for posting this recipe.Taquitos is one of my favorites,and to buy them at the deli is $.99 a piece! I have been getting frozen,but they're not the best.I love this recipe,i added red chili flakes for a little heat without changing the flavor,I also did chicken like this from canned and leftover chicken.THANK YOU!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am 55 and I live in the Los Angeles area with my husband and 16 year old son. I enjoy trying new recipes especially ones that take a short time to cook. I enjoy reading and playing board games.