No-Fuss Hollandaise Sauce
Super-easy variation on the French classic that goes great with chicken, seafood, vegetables (especially asparagus!) and of course, those sturdy pillars of Sunday brunch, Eggs Benedict and Eggs Florentine.
- Ready In:
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose white flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- cayenne pepper
- Melt the butter in the microwave.
- In a medium saucepan, make a thin roux using half the butter and the flour.
- Whisk in the milk a little at a time until thick and smooth.
- Lowering heat to minimum, add the egg yolks and remaining butter, stirring constantly, being careful not to let the yolks curdle.
- Gradually add the lemon juice; finish with salt and a pinch of cayenne pepper or paprika.
- Optional: since we're already straying from the classic technique and ingredients, why not add a touch of saffron, which doesn't affect the flavor so much as the color, giving the sauce a gorgeous yellow hue.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation