No Bake Stuffed Peppers
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
First time I had a stuffed pepper was in Texas as a child. This is such a great recipe to try.
- Ready In:
- 3 medium green peppers
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1 small chopped onion
- 2 1⁄2 cups Minute Rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Cut peppers cut in half lengthwise, remove and discard stem ends and seeds.
- Parboil in boiling salted water for 10 minutes drain and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan add tomato sauce, sugar and basil, and set aside.
- Brown ground been and onion well in a large skillet.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of tomato sauce, 1/4 cup of rice, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Cover and simmer 5 minutes, stir in cheese.
- Spoon meat mixture into peppers, place in the skillet and pour remaining sauce around peppers cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile bring water, 1/2 teaspoon salt and butter to boil stir in remaining rice remove from heat, let stand for 5 minute.
- Serve peppers with rice on top of peppers with sauce and additional grated cheese if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION