No-Bake Lemon Slice
- Ready In:
10-12 No-Bake Lemon Slices
- Lightly grease a 28cm x 18cm (11" x 7") slice pan, line with baking paper and set aside.
- Mix the biscuit crumbs, coconut, slivered almonds or pistachios and lemon rind in a bowl until well-combined; add the juice a little at a time and mix to combine so that you can see that it's being absorbed by the dry ingredients.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and sweetened condensed milk over a low heat until the butter has melted and is well-combined with the condensed milk; stirring, add the milk mixture to the biscuit mixture and mix until all the ingredients are well-combined.
- Press the lemon slice mixture into the slice pan.
- Sift the icing sugar into a bowl and stir in the lemon juice, mixing until the icing is smooth; spread the lemon icing over the biscuit base and refrigerate to set.
- Cut into squares or fingers and store in an airtight container.
- TIP: Crush the biscuits in a food processor or alternatively place them in a plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin or the bottom of a lage can.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My children's school is nut free so I left the nuts out, otherwise made as written and topped with extra coconut. Fast and easy (I used my food processor), this slice has a taste that resembles lemon cheesecake. My DD (Miss 5) loved eating the some of the leftover condensed milk - hahaha. Thanks for posting.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
July 2008 update: VERY happy to be back on Zaar after about a two year absence due to having had no internet connection at home, and having been too unwell for a time so that getting re-connected wasn't even a priority! <br> <br>And really looking forward to getting back into the Zaar world and connecting again with the many wonderful people I knew before, and new people, of course!