No Bake Cranberry Nut Cookies
- Ready In:
- 4 cups Fiber One Honey Clusters cereal
- 1 cup chopped dried cranberries (I use dried tart cherries)
- 1⁄2 cup roasted unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1⁄3 cup cashew pieces
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup (I used a lite version with great results)
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter (I use crunchy, but the original recipe calls for creamy)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In large bowl, mix cereal, cranberries, sunflower nuts and cashews.
- In 2-quart saucepan, mix brown sugar, corn syrup and peanut butter. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Pour syrup over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated. Drop mixture by scant 1/4 cupfuls onto waxed paper. NOTE: I actually coated my 1/4 cup measuring cup with cooking spray and pressed the mixture into the cup making perfect little cookies with ease.
- Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I quartered the recipe (resulting in 5 cookies) and now wish I hadnt, because these are so yummy and disappear quickly! :)<br/>I made a couple of changes due to what I had in the pantry but kept the essence of this delightful recipe: In place of the honey clusters cereal I used a mix of oats, coconut, flax seeds and bran shreddies. Instead of cashews I added walnuts. Following your lead I also used a sugar-free syrup.<br/>THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this winner with us, JB! I was especially grateful for the hint of using the quarter cup to form these. So easy! :)<br/>Made and reviewed for Veggie Swap #42 January 2012.