No-Bake Chocolate Silk Cheesecake
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 20mins
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of
Chocolate Silk Layer
- 1 cup hot milk
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- To make crust, combine crumbs, melted butter and sugar.
- Combine well and press into bottom and sides of a 9 in pie plate. (Can use a store bought graham cracker crust.).
- Combine softened cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk. Beat until smooth. Add vanilla, lemon juice and zest. Mix until incorporated and pour into crust. Smooth over top and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, on low heat, heat milk until just hot (do not let it boil.).
- Place chocolate chips in a blender. Add hot milk and vanilla. Place cover on blender and cover with a towel. Carefully blend chocolate and milk mixture until smooth and creamy. Allow to cool until thick but not set.
- Pour mixture over cheesecake and smooth evenly over pie.
- Chill until chocolate is set. Serve with whipped topping if desired.
- Cooking time includes refrigeration time.
- (IMPORTANT: BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN BLENDING HOT LIQUID, ALWAYS START SLOWLY.).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a 60 year old man living in south Arkansas with my wonderful wife. we've been married almost 35 years and we both love to cook. I became disabled and confined to a power chair in 1990 so I have a lot of time to try new recipes. In our church I'm famous for my melt in your mouth briskets. But nobody grills a porterhouse steak like my sweetie. We are looking for new recipes all the time. When I found RecipeZaar I new I had hit the jackpot. Our favorite restaurant is an all you can eat place called The Old Feed House; <br />Catfish, froglegs,ribs, etc with all the trimmings. Standing room only at times.</p>