No Bake Cheesecake
- Ready In:
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- fruit, for topping (of your choice, I use canned pie filling)
- CRUST: Mix all ingredients together and press into bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- FILLING: In a small pot add water to gelatin, stir over LOW heat until completely dissolved and clear.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar with a mixer, on medium speed until blended.
- Gradually add gelatin mixture, then milk and juice.
- Cool in fridge until SLIGHTLY thickened.
- Fold in whipped cream and pour over crust.
- Put in fridge without topping.
- Let set until firm, FLAVOUR comes out really only after 24-hours.
- Then add topping of choice fresh or canned.
Join The Conversation
So easy to make, and SOOO yummy! It is true, one needs to wait 24 hours for the flavour to develop. About 15 minutes in my (newish) fridge was enough to thicken it before adding the whipped cream, YMMV. I used butter in the crust, not margarine, with delicious results. Luschka - I had lumpy results the first time too. The second time I let the cream cheese get all the way to room temperature and whipped it remorselessly with the beaters. No lumps!
This was really easy (I cheated and used a bought crust) and very tasty. The flavour did develop for the second half we had today. I added some tinned cherries for decoration and it was delicious. The only problem I had was that it was quite lumpy. If you know what I did wrong that made it come out lumpy please let me know? I'm guessing it had something to do with the gelatin? Never the less, it was really tasty and I will definitely be making it again!