Nikki's Sugar Cookies
photo by twissis
- Ready In:
- Thoroughly cream butter and sugar; add egg and beat well.
- Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with milk and vanilla; mix thoroughly.
- Roll 1/8 inch thick on lightly floured surface.
- Cut with floured cookie cutters; sprinkle with sugar, if desired.
- Bake 375° oven about 15 minutes or until pale-golden.
- These maybe decorated before or after baking.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I LOVE the fact that this dough doesn't need to be chilled!!! This mixed together quickly and using 2 1/2" heart shaped cookie cutters, I made slightly more than 50 cookies. I used Crawfish Pie's cookie frosting on these cookies with some sprinkles and they looked cute. On some of the cookies, I put a small chocolate heart on the cut outs prior to baking and then baked them. After removing them from the oven, I spread the chocolate to cover the cookies and threw some sprinkles on them too. One of the recipients said that the chocolate ones were her favorite. Thank you for sharing this recipe! I'm sure that I'll be making these again!
Super good sugar cookies, Nikki Kate! I was in the mood to play in my kitchen today & this recipe was loads of fun & so easy to make. This cookie dough may well be the most twissis-proof I have ever used for cookies. I used 2, 2 1/2 & 3 inch round cookie cutters to get 3 diff sizes. I did not have (or buy) any colorful decorations, but just used things I had around my kitchen. I am pretty sure the yield was more than 3 dozen, but it was hard to get a good count because DH was devouring them by the handfuls as fast as I could get them baked! Thx for sharing this recipe w/us. I am sure it will be repeated.