Nigerian Ewa Agoyin
photo by Zaineey
- Ready In:
- 1 bulb onion
- 2 cups beans
- 3 tomatoes
- 5 habanero peppers
- 1⁄2 cup peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup palm oil
- Place a pot of water on your burner. Make sure to put enough water and wait till it boils.
- Rinse the beans and add to the boiling water. Chopped Onions and pour inside the beans, this will make the beans soft in less time, cover it but make sure you add water in case it gets dry when not soft.
- Once you have your beans very soft, sprinkle little salt.
- Leave till the water gets dry, after you set it aside.
- Grind your tomatoes, pepper and onions.
- The next thing you have to do now is place another pot on your burner, add palm oil and when it a bit hot, pour groundnut oil and leave till they blend. The combination of these two gives an amazing taste to your stew.
- Add the grinded mixture, seasoning and salt to taste. Turn the mixture with spoon and leave to fry for few minutes.
- Serve your ewa agoyin with stew and you may decide to eat with bread, boiled yam or fried plantain.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love cooking nigerian foods and african dishes. I share my cooking experience and skills on my blog to make cooking experience enjoyable, I also share health tips for both young and old.