Nigella Lawson Banana Bread
A recipe by Nigella Lawson
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 125 g unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 -4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 170º. Grease and line a loaf tin.
- Beat butter and sugar until blended.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, then bananas. Stir in vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, bicarb soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture, a third at a time.
- Pour into tin and bake for 1 - 1 1/4 hours.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Turned out perfectly! I made two one without walnuts and the other with. and sprinkled some chopped walnuts on top too. As I was making them mostly for the kids I didn't add raisins or alcohol. I reduced the salt a tiny bit but it was still too salty for my taste so next time I'll just leave that out. Yum!Reply