Nif's Jumbo Banana Carrot Muffins
photo by Boomette
- Ready In:
16 large muffins
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 6 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups carrots, grated
- 1 cup raisins (not little dried up raisins!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a non-stick muffin tin OR I highly recommend using the silicone version of the pan for no spraying or sticking.
- In a large bowl (I used my Cuisinart stand mixer with the paddle attachment), mix the oil, sugar and eggs completely. Add the mashed bananas and vanilla and mix again until incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add to the creamed mixture in 2 batches, stirring after each addition.
- Stir in carrots and raisins.
- Scoop 1/2 cup of batter into each muffin mold. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place on cooling rack. Cool for at least 10 minutes and then remove from pan.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made half the recipe and made them in regular muffins. I got 12. I used only 1/2 cup of sugar for half the recipe. I grated the carrots finely. I omitted the raisins. I baked them 27 minutes. I ate one to taste them ;) The smell was amazing. They are moist and taste so good. My son is happy that he will have these muffins as snack at school. Thanks Nif :) Made for Market tag game
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love great food and I particularly like trying cuisines new to me! Although I don't prepare as much food as I used to, creating in my kitchen is still one of my favourite things to do. Enjoy!