Nif's Hummus (With Tahini or Peanut Butter)
photo by gailanng
- Ready In:
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1⁄4 cup tahini or 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- paprika, cayenne, pine nuts, cilantro or parsley to garnish
- In food processor, mince garlic.
- Add all other ingredients (except the garnish!) and process until smooth, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Garnish with optional items.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Was craving hummus but didn't want to pay the high price charged for my favorite brand. Gave this a try and am pleasantly suprised, it tastes like the $6.00 stuff I love. Followed the recipe exactly and it was very easy to make. The only reason I gave four stars instead of five is because I tasted it before letting all the flavors blend for a few hours in the fridge.
This was so good! I only had a 15.5 oz can of garbanzos. I kept everything the same except I only used 1 tablespoon of water and I used chunky organic peanut butter. The only thing I would do different next time is use one less garlic clove. It was a bit on the spicy side probably due to using less garbanzos. Great recipe, thanks for sharing.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love great food and I particularly like trying cuisines new to me! Although I don't prepare as much food as I used to, creating in my kitchen is still one of my favourite things to do. Enjoy!