Nif's Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes With Sauteed Leeks
photo by Nif_H
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed (2-inch - 3-inch cubes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups leeks, whites and light greens, cut into 1/4-inch slices and rinsed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, minced
- 1 cup fat-free buttermilk, slightly warmed
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Boil potatoes in salted water until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, saute leeks in olive oil over medium heat in a nonstick pan until slightly golden, about 4 minutes. Add rosemary and stir for an additional minute or so - until you can smell it).
- Strain the potatoes when they are tender but do not rinse. Add buttermilk and mash or use a hand blender on low (never high!) to mash them. Add most of the leek mixture and salt and pepper to taste ~ important!
- Scoop into a serving dish and sprinkle reserved leek mixture on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 2 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love great food and I particularly like trying cuisines new to me! Although I don't prepare as much food as I used to, creating in my kitchen is still one of my favourite things to do. Enjoy!