Nieve De Mango Con Tequila ( Mango - Tequila Ice)
photo by Galley Wench
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 20mins
- Stir the sugar and water together over medium heat until the mixture boils and the sugar dissolves.
- Cool the mixture, place it in a blender, add the mango and lime juice and puree until smooth.
- Transfer to a pie plate or refrigerator tray covered with foil, and freeze 2 hours, or until slushy.
- Remove from freezer, add the tequila, and beat well.
- Return to freezer, remove after one-half hour, and beat again.
- Place the ice in the freezer and remove 10-15 minutes before serving time.
- Place in blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Mango-tequila Slush! VERY nice on this hot day. The lime juice sparked things nicely, the mango was plenty sweet, the tequila provided a little flavour whallop. Next time, I will put in a little more tequila as I, personally, would like that part to be every so slightly more pronounced. Will make this a lot this summer!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hello from suburban Fort Worth, Texas! <br /> <br /><br /> <br />______________________________________________ <br /> <br /> <br />*My rating system defined* <br /> <br />Very few recipes really knock my socks off - I love to cook but am not a gourmet. <br />This said: <br /> <br />***** - met all my expectations in taste & appearance; directions were clear & easy to follow. <br /> <br />**** - fell slightly short of my expectations in taste or appearance or directions were faulty or not completely clear. <br /> <br />*** - mediocre taste and/or appearance; most likely a recipe that I would not use again without much modification. <br /> <br />** - taste and/or appearance was not to my liking; a recipe that I would not attempt to modify or use again. <br /> <br />* - taste was absolutely not to my liking (I can't imagine ever using this rating as I can generally tell by the ingredients if I will enjoy the finished product or not) <br /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/chefbanner1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/scmurray51/hagshat.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><br /> </p>