Nickey’s Garbage Cookies
photo by marisk
- Ready In:
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup all-bran cereal
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine and sift flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine oatmeal, bran flakes, pecans, coconut, chocolate chips and cranberries. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter. Add both sugars. Add egg, oil, and vanilla.
- Stir flour mixture into creamed mixture, blending well -- I add a third at a time.
- Add chocolate chips mixture.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet. [The amount of cookies you get will depend on how large you make them.].
- Bake at 350 until cookies are lightly browned, about 15 minutes depending on your oven. Wait a few minutes then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Aloha! I just recently started spending more time in the kitchen and am learning that cooking and baking can be fun as well as challenging. My favorite cookbook resources are my 'gourmet' sister and the very patient and generous Ohana of Zaar. Mahalo nui loa! <br /><br />My rating system: The first time I try a recipe, I follow the instructions as given; if I do a little tweaking, I keep that in mind when rating. It's not right to rate lower because of something I did or didn't do. <br />***** ... Excellent! Tasted great with/without tweaking. <br />**** ... Loved It! Tasted great with/without tweaking. <br />No stars ... May be an excellent recipe but I was unable to get it to work for me. May or may not try again later. We don't all have the same taste preferences. I've found recipes with lots of five stars that just didn't work for me and some with less that I thought were great. <br />Thank you All for sharing!</p>