Nice Thai Burritos
- Ready In:
- 2 cups short-grain brown rice, cooked
- 1 cup broccoli, cut up into small chunks
- 1 cup cauliflower, cut up into small chunks
- 1⁄2 cup snow pea pods, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, cut into coins
- 1 cup red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2⁄3 cup pico de gallo (homemade or good quality store bought)
- 2⁄3 cup thai peanut sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, finely minced
- 6 whole wheat flour tortillas (10-inch burrito size)
- NOTE: Can use a package of Asian-style medley frozen vegetables instead of fresh if you choose. We like the Thai peanut sauce recipe #63210.
- Steam the vegetables just until done. Do not overcook.
- Divide the rice, vegetables and remaining ingredients between the tortillas.
- Roll up burrito style and serve hot. Yield is estimated!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These Thai burritos WERE nice and we enjoyed them for dinner last night. I bought a mixed bag of broccoli and cauliflower florets, which cut down on prep time and made this recipe great for a weeknight meal. We used San-J gluten free Thai Peanut marinade and dipping sauce for the peanut sauce. DH and I had ours in wheat tortillas, but served my friend hers in a corn tortilla since she needs to eat gluten free and she said this worked well. This was very healthy. Thanks for posting. Made for Veggie Swap May 2013.
My family really enjoyed these. Very healthy and tasty. I used broccoli, asparagus, carrot, capsicum, beans and brown rice and sliced shallots/green onions. I also used my recipe for simple satay sauce and I found low-carb tortilla bread - really great meal. Only 4 stars as my eldest dd did not rave as much as the rest of the family.