New York Cheesecake Icecream
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Decadent dessert that you would like to eat everyday, but probably should only eat once a year! Sourced from a website featuring the Ice Cream Machine Cookbook by Rosemary Moon.
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 50mins
- 500 g cream cheese
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest and juice
- 60 g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs, yolks only
- 250 ml double cream, whipped
- 60 g butter, melted
- 85 g biscuits, ones you like to use for your cheesecake base
- Beat together all the ingredients, except the butter and biscuit crumbs, until smooth. Taste and add more sugar if you prefer it sweeter.
- Pour into an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s freezing directions. Churn the ice cream for about 30 minutes or until nearly firm.
- Process the biscuits until crumbled and mix with the melted butter. Lay between two layers of baking paper and roll until a thin sheet. Refrigerate until required.
- When the ice cream is nearly firm, tip into a freezer container, add the crumbs and stir just once or twice, to swirl or ripple rather than mix evenly. Freeze until firm or ready to serve.
- Store in the freezer for up to 3 months; take out 15 minutes before serving to soften.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION