New York Cheesecake
photo by The Barefoot Infanta
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 30mins
- 48 ounces cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and 1/4 cup sugar together. Press mixture onto the bottom of one 9 or 10 inch springform pan. Place in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Cream 3/4 cup of the sugar and cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the eggs, vanilla, and cornstarch until just mixed. Stir in sour cream on low speed or with spatula until blended. (I prefer using low speed but do not go over 2 minutes) Poor into the prepared crust.
- Place in oven and Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, turn down the oven to 200 degrees for 45 minutes.
- After baking for 45 minutes turn the oven off. DO NOT OPEN OVEN door until the oven has completely cooled. This will take about three hours though I like to bake this at night then turn the oven off when I go to bed.
- After oven has cooled completely refrigerate for at least an hour and serve with or without your favorite topping.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Recipe whisperor and creator.</p>