New Year's Eve Red Sangria
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 15mins
- Slice the orange and lemon.
- Put the fruit in a 3 quart pitcher and cover with the rum.
- Cover pitcher with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. (Overnight is best.).
- Add the Gran Marnier, Rioja, Orange Juice, Pomegranate Juice, Lemon Juice, and sugar to the pitcher.
- Add soda up to 2 inches from the top of the pitcher.
- Stir well, pressing the fruit as you stir.
- Serve over ice (with extra soda, if you want).
- Fruit can be used for additional batches, simply cover with rum and continue with step 4.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was a nice red sangria that I made for my BBQ. I made a batch of your white sangria that you have posted and a batch of your red. While I am typically a red wine drinker, I preferred the white sangria. Maybe because it has less juice? Anyway, both were certainly enjoyed by the guests and you really can't go wrong making this.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>My name is Karen and I live West of Chicago (on the edge of no where!) with my DH, our two German Shepherds, and our two daughters. I love to golf, garden (except for the weeding!), am addicted to romance novels (and good science fiction), and I love to bake--usually cakes from scratch when I have the time! Since getting married, I have been cooking a lot more and am having a lot of fun trying new recipes! And now that I have two little ones, the slow cooker is my friend! The girls take a lot of time, but they are worth it!<br /><br />The dogs are my babies too--though they are about as big as I am! It has been a bit of a challenge at times, as they both have severe hip dysplasia, but they are great dogs and I have learned so much about arthritis! I have also learned a lot about cancer, as our female was diagnosed with bone cancer. She is now on three, but doing great post-chemo. They are both great with the kids and love to ***** little hands and feet! and noses! and ears! and...! <br /><br />I participated in the 2006 Fall PAC--and what a great game/program/thing! So much fun! <br /><br /><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/untitled.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting" /> <br /><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/200_artistrichardneuman-art-prints_.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting" /></p>