New Mexico Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas (Easy)
- Ready In:
- 10 1⁄2 ounces condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 7 ounces chicken broth
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces diced canned green chili peppers
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 16 ounces cheddar cheese
- 12 corn tortillas
- Cut chicken into small bite-sized pieces.
- Brown in frying pan.
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat combine the cream of mushroom soup and chicken broth.
- Then add the garlic, onion, green chile.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover the bottom of a 12x9 baking dish with a thin layer of the sauce.
- Cover with half of the tortillas.
- Put half of the cooked chicken on top of the tortillas.
- Spread half of the remaining sauce over the chicken.
- Top with half of the cheese.
- Repeat by layering the remaining tortillas, chicken, sauce, then cheese.
- Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Allow several minutes to cool.
- Top with chopped onions and fresh chopped tomatoes (optional) and serve with sour cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe is really easy and comes out perfect every time. My only variations after I made it a few times were oven-roasted anaheim chiles (simple), whole milk instead of chicken broth, added cumin, mexican oregano and fresh cilantro to the chicken and a tad more garlic. (That's just what me and my BF like). Fine just the way it is, too! Thank you for sharing.