New England Pumpkin Bread
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A delicious pumpkin bread with the added surprise of cranberries. Make a loaf for yourself and one as a gift. Just in time for the holidays!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil or 2/3 cup safflower oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 3 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2⁄3 2/3 cup raisins or 2/3 cup craisins
- 2⁄3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Mix sugar, oil, and pumpkin by hand. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Sift dry ingredients together. Mix into pumpkin mixture, alternating with milk. Add cranberries and walnuts to batter. Spread into greased loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes (check after 1 hour, if using 3 small loaf pans.) Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pans.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION