New England Lumberjack Cookies
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together the sugar and shortening.
- Add molasses and eggs.
- Mix well. Sift together the dry ingredients and stir.
- Put 1/4 cup sugar in a small bowl.
- Dip fingers into the sugar, then pinch off a piece of dough and roll into a 1-1/2-inch ball.
- Place dough balls on greased cookie sheet about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. The dough will keep for a week or more in the refrigerator.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I have had this recipe for years - and I did find it in a magazine a lady that I worked with had brought in. I highly recommend this cookies. They bake up very nicely - very soft as well. A great cookie with a cup of coffee on a cold day. This is also a great cookie for Christmas. I recommend using the Brer Rabbit Molasses when making. Thanks for posting this one.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am from Andover, Ma. We have a place in Maine where we spend most of the summer. I have a wonderful husband in my life that I thank God for everyday. I love to cook and bake. It relaxes me. And I love it when I see the smiles on peoples faces when they love what I have cooked. Thanks to all of you and your recipes this happens alot!</p>