Never Fail Perfect Cooked Rice
photo by Nif_H
- Ready In:
- Measure your rice into a pot and cover it with water until the water is apprx 1/2" over the top of the rice.
- Soak the rice for at least 1 hour.
- Pour off the water and replace with fresh water,again, the water should be apprx 1/2" over the top of the rice.
- Add 1 tsp of stock powder if using.
- Bring rice to a boil,uncovered, simmer for apprx 7 minutes, keep checking until the kernels are perfect.
- Drain in a sieve and run hot water through it.
- Serve now or return to the pot lid on and keep over lowest stove temp until the rest of your dinner is ready.It can sit like this for up to 10 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I used to have trouble with getting my rice to turn out perfectly every time. It was inconsistent at best. You rescued me from my rice woes a couple of years ago by sharing your rice cooking method in a thread in the community forums after RSC #5. I was glad to see you post this recipe and know it will help others. I still use your method. I do substitute the flavor of the stock bases depending on what I plan to serve it with. This makes perfect rice for fried rice too. Thank you Bergy for sharing your rice method with me. I think of you every time I make rice!
Thanks Bergy for the great basmati recipe. I find that it is a rice that ends up being too mushy or too hard sometimes. This was good and easy. My DS had about 3 times as much rice as usual! I had this with Recipe #213566 and veggies. I would probably add more chicken stock powder next time. Made for Fall PAC. Thanks! :)