Neptuno Salad, Caracas Style
- Ready In:
15-20 filled crackers
- 2 cups imitation crabmeat
- 1 cup wakame seaweed salad
- 1 green apple, peeled and diced
- 1 kiwi, peeled and diced
- 1 mango, not ripe, diced
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple, caramelized
- soy sauce
- shrimp crackers, as edible trays for salad
- Caramelize the Pineapple on a pan with some brown sugar on very low fire.
- Heat the oil for the prawn crackers. Deep fry until they surface. If the oil gets too hot the crackers will look a bit golden. Take the oil cool a bit before continuing.
- Prepare the fruit and break up the imitation crab so it looks a bit like spaghetti.
- Mix the imitation crab, fruit, wakame salad, caramelized pineapple (include some of the caramel liquid) and mayo. Season with soy sauce and pepper to taste. Put the mixture on the prawn crackers. Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!