Neighbor's Sweet Potato Salad
Tasted at a picnic, and had to have the recipe. It turned out to be "bunch of this, glop of that," so I came up with the following ballpark measurements that seemed right - but adjust as needed! Once I got asked for the recipe too, I posted it here.
- Ready In:
- 4 sweet potatoes (peeled, cubed, and boiled)
- 1⁄4 cup scallion (chopped)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar (approximate)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil (approximate)
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir together the last 3 for the dressing. You want almost equal amounts of vinegar and oil - but a bit more vinegar.
- Pour dressing over salad and refrigerate until ready to serve.