Neapolitan Swirled Cheesecake
photo by ecerulli
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 lb cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup good quality strawberry preserves, mashed
- 1 ounce white chocolate, melted
- 1 ounce dark chocolate, melted
- fresh strawberries, sliced
- fresh edible flower (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9- inch spring form cake pan with cooking spray.
- Mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter until completely combined. Press firmly and evenly into the bottom of the prepared cake pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, or with electric beaters, cream together the cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at at a time until completely incorporated. Scrape the sides of the bowl, add the vanilla.
- Divide the mixture equally, amongst three bowls.
- Stir the mashed strawberry jam in to one bowl of cheesecake mixture. Stir melted semi sweet chocolate in to another bowl of the mixture. Leave the third bowl plain.
- Pour the plain cake mixture over the prepared graham crust, follow with the strawberry mixture and finally the chocolate. Using the handle of a wooden spoon, swirl the mixture to make a marbled pattern.
- Bake the cheesecake 50 to 55 minutes or until the centre is just set. Let cool completely before refrigerating 3 hours to overnight. Run a knife around the edges to release the cake and remove the side of the pan.
- Garnish with melted white chocolate drizzle, dark chocolate drizzle, fresh strawberries and edible flowers for an extra touch.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!