Neapolitan Cauliflower Salad - La Rinforzata
- Ready In:
- 1 kg cauliflower
- 1 onion, red, sliced thin
- 10 black olives, coarsely chopped
- 10 green olives, Sliced, pimiento-stuffed
- 3 small gherkins, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 8 anchovies (optional)
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Trim the cauliflower and separate it into flowerets. Steam or poach in boiling water to cover for 5 minutes. Plunge immediately into cold water and drain thoroughly.
- Place the blanched flowerets in a large bowl and add the onion, black and green olives, gherkins, capers and anchovies.
- Combine the oil and vinegar, add salt and pepper to taste and blend well. Pour the dressing over the salad, sprinkle with basil and toss gently to coat well.
- Chill for a few hours, stirring occasionally to blend the flavors. Serve slightly chilled or at room temeprature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Recently relocated to Queensland, warmer seas for sailing and fishing. Aside from cooking for my family I do cake decorating (mainly wedding cakes) and recently unusual jams - adding spices and herb - and preserves and cheese making